The Wedding Chronicle is such a unique publication, we know. People have asked me when are we going glossy like all the other magazines. The answer is no time soon. The benefits of a newspaper for our advertisers are many. The American Marketing Association points out the following:
- Newspapers permit an advertiser to reach a large number of people within a specified geographical area.
- The printed advertising message has both permanence and desired obsolescence. A reader can refer back to, or even clip and save, a particular ad, yet the next edition is new and fresh and as eagerly sought by the same reader.
- The newspaper offers a predictable frequency of publication
- Newspapers have immediacy. You can place an ad and within a few weeks be getting results. The frequency of publication permits quicker responses to changing market conditions.
- People expect to find advertising in their newspapers. In fact, many people buy newspapers just to read the ads.
- Newspapers also give a confidence to the buyer that the vendor is still in business and actively looking for new business.